Required Financial Transparency
Public School Financial Transparency Act
Colorado Revised Statutes, 22-44-304 (Commencing July 1, 2017)
- Charter School Adopted Budget – Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- Charter School Financial Audit – (current and prior two years)
- Charter School Salary Schedules or Policies – (current and prior two years)
- Link to Authorizing School District’s Financial Transparency Webpage
Charter schools are not required to post a financial data file as the charter school’s data is incorporated into the school districts’ posted financial data file.
- Waivers from state statute and replacement plans
- Other financial information (links below)
Beginning July 1, 2017, pursuant to required financial transparency Colorado Revised Statutes, 22-44-304, the Colorado Department of Education no longer requires reporting of the below financial information. This information is for archive purposes only.
- Quarterly financial statements
- Investment performance reports or statements
- Accounts payable check registers
- Credit, debit and purchase card statements
The adopted budget, financial budget, and salary schedules must be posted or updated within 60 days following completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement, or document. The list of waivers must be updated or posted within 30 days after a waiver is revoked or a new waiver is granted.
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
Twin Peaks Charter Academy (TPCA) is a public school of choice in the St. Vrain Valley School District. Our K–12 campus is conveniently located in the center of Longmont, Colorado. We pair a rigorous, content-rich curriculum with character education to help our students achieve the highest standards in academics and ethics.
Our parent-governed charter school was established in the fall of 1997 and is the longest continuously operating charter school in the district with over 900 students.
Our elementary and middle school curriculum is founded on the principles of the nationally renowned Core Knowledge Sequence. Our high school students are offered full access to a college preparatory program using the framework of Classical Education. Our culture places a strong emphasis on student academics and achievement, character development, and parent involvement. At TPCA, all students are known, valued, and challenged to be their personal best.
Mary Beth Cowie, Financial Administrator
Phone: 303.772.7286 ext 57009
Twin Peaks Charter Academy
340 South Sunset Street
Longmont, CO 80501